A Poem is Not.
|Image Credits: Wikimedia.|
A poem is not a fridge, but it can leave you cold.
A poem is not microwave, but it can heat the soul.
A poem is not a carpet, but it covers life's flaws.
A poem is not a curled cat, but it can make you feel warmth.
A poem is not a LED screen, but it entertains.
A poem is not a door, but it can open alternative thoughts.
A poem is not a pathway, but it can take you to new places.
A poem is not a gate, but it can break holes in barriers.
A poem is not a pavement, but it can crack you up.
A poem is not a flower, but it blooms ideas.
A poem is not fresh-air, but it expands mind-lungs.
A poem is not a walk, but exercises aspirations.
A poem is not a scurrying ant, but embraces curiosity.
A poem is not the dappled sun, but it powers creativity.
A poem is not the universe, but it always expands the reader.
A poem is not a bus-stop, but is an alternative beginning.
WALT: To write a poem to communicate how poetry can be fun to play with words and to entertain people with it.
- I have followed the form but shown an ability to vary with intention as needed.
- Place in the poem two thoughts about 'me'.
- Creating not just a random set of lines but using craft.
- I have correctly punctuated with complex sentences with comma/s.
- I have improved vocabulary by utilising a thesaurus.
- I can use and credit Creative Commons images.