Hot air sears nostrils,
Shimmering fried yellow hills in distance,
Cicadas, a thousand chirps pressing in,
Relief, cool ice-water laughs down my throat.
Form I followed here:
Line 1: Touch - Feel
Line 2: Smell
Line 3: See
Line 4: Hear
Line 5: Taste
- Have followed the form but shown an ability to vary with intention as needed.
- Place in the poem strong thoughts about the topic
- Creating not just a random set of lines but using craft.
- I have correctly punctuated with complex sentences with comma/s.
- I have improved vocabulary by utilising a thesaurus.
- I can use and credit Creative Commons images.