Stolen Security



GOLDEN MASK - Credit: Wikipedia
Once I eternally slept
nightmare tossing,
dark traps sprung,
death tonnes of pyramid granite
fell on tunnelling robbers.

I silently laughed
but they relentlessly came
for my riches.

I am
Mighty Pharaoh
Army surrounding,
protecting me,
Servants entombed alongside
ready for my royal decree.

As robbers break
last barriers
I command;
Disconnected
Failed
None responds
My wealth plundered with
pitch tar torches
and scrabbling fingers,
Even my face
lifted in triumph
Gone...
Stolen security.

Dreams now
wrapped
dry warmth again,
Sensing walls once more
Prying touching fingers,
Unknown words
painted on walls around,
crude, not like the picture words
that gracefully adorn my bandages,
A tomb solid
but disgracefully invisible
like an empty soul window,
They tap on my walls
but so close to touching me
they turn back.
I laugh,
The God's smile.

I am stolen
yet slumber in hushed security.










Comments

  1. Hi Mr Grieve

    I liked the part of your poem when it said As robbers break
    last barriers
    I command;
    Disconnected
    Failed
    None responds
    My wealth plundered with
    pitch tar torches
    because it really described how you lost all your gold and money

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Senses

Remember Poems. (Writing Workshop)